Health Benefits of Pizza

We can’t deny the fact that pizza is one of the most popular dishes in the world, and as such, it has always been at the center of discussions. In most cases, when individuals think of healthy food, rarely will piazza come into their minds. They believe that pizza is one of the “fast foods” out there that can’t offer you any health benefits.

But, the truth is that pizza is a nutritious meal that can offer you a wide range of health benefits. There are also plenty of toppings and serving options that can help it fit in your healthy lifestyle. So, are thinking of ordering your pizza today from your favorite pizza restaurant Laval? Here are some of the top health benefits that you will enjoy by consuming pizza.

Improves Your Calcium Intake

One of the best ways of increasing your calcium intake is by consuming pizza. Cheese is one of the best sources of calcium, and you will consume plenty of it when you eat pizza. The tomato sauce also contains calcium. You can also consider topping up your portion with broccoli, spinach, seafood, or artichoke to increase its calcium content.

A single slice of cheese from your pizza usually contains approximately 219mg of calcium translating to about 22% of your daily value. The primary function of calcium in your body is to keep your bones strong and also helps your nerves, muscles, and blood vessels function properly.

Fights Cancer

Believe it or not but it is true that pizza helps in preventing cancer. Several studies all over the world have revealed that people who consume pizza at least twice per week have a 60% lower chance of developing esophageal cancer, 40% lower risk of developing throat cancer, and 30% lower risk of colon cancer. This is due to the fact that pizza contains an extremely high amount of lycopene found in tomatoes. The tomato sauce is also rich in antioxidants which have been proved to be quite effective in fighting various forms of cancer.

The Sauce Can Also Boost Your Immunity

The sauce on the pizza that you order from your favorite pizza restaurant Laval is also rich in vitamin C which your body requires to fight against germs that can lead to some of the common illness such as a cold. If oregano is included in your pizza, it doubles your immunity since it contains carvacrol to keep your liver healthy and balance your blood sugar level.

Increases Your Protein Intake

As long as you ensure that your pizza has the right toppings, you will always get a lot of proteins in your diet. For instance, cheese is an incredible source of protein and is low in fat as well. There is also a wide range of lean protein topping choices that you can choose or be like Italians and crack raw eggs on your pizza! Keep in mind that your body requires these proteins for enhanced hormone production, immune function, and energy production.  You also need proteins for building tissues and muscles.